How to apply for a Concealed Handgun Permit?
First of all, we need to know some basic things for Texas License to Carry Refresher like,
All fees are non-refundable and must be paid by money order, cashier’s check, or certified check
To allow you to be more efficient in your application process we suggest you take the view of the following steps so that it will help you a lot in making your license again
- First of all, you need to review your application for completeness. An incomplete application may result in the denial or delay of your application. So review your application before submitting it and see that you have properly filled all the required blocks that you have been asked to fill.
- Second thing is that you make sure that all the questions are answered properly. Your answers need to be correct, specifically the questions with regards to arrests. Medical conditions, and 18 USC 922g.
- Read the arrest question properly as you need to list all the summons, arrests, and citations even if it has been listed in the previous application, you need to write it down again for this application. You should provide a certified true copy of all the arrest depositions with your application.
- If you have listed the medical condition you must be having the complete medical summary of the treating physician before applying.
- If you are currently subject to a restraining or protective order you must provide a certified true copy with your application.
To apply for the concealed carry permit, the applicant should follow the following steps.
- Anyone can apply for a concealed handgun carry permit by one of the steps below
- Submit after completing the new online concealed handgun permit application
- Then you can download the application from the Concealed Handgun Permit Application and complete it according to the instructions that are mentioned on the application. You can find out the instructions on pages one and two as well.
- Get an application at the state Police headquarters between the working hours.
- Provide them all the required documentation regarding arrest depositions, training, divorce decrees, and medical summary depositions. New fingerprints must be submitted for first-time applicants. Old fingers are not accepted in these cases.
- After that, you can contact the local police station or state police headquarters for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting at the state police headquarters demands a $10.00 money order which you can easily pay by debit/credit card. Prints should always be submitted on an FBI applicant fingerprint card.
- Fingerprint cards, paper applications, and other required documents that are mentioned on the application should be submitted to the concerning police department.
- Permits holders are always notified in writing at their address which is present in the department records, approximately 120 days before the expiration of their permit to begin their renewal process.
- Based on the notification, apply for a concealed carry handgun in one of the following ways:
- Complete and submit the new online concealed handgun permit application
- Download the concealed carry handgun permit application and complete the instructions found on pages one and two of the application.
- Get an application from the headquarters and complete it and submit it.
- Complete and submit the renewal application with a new training certificate, fees, and photocopy of your driver’s license. Submission of the fingerprint card is not required for the renewal applications.
- Once the application is complete then it should be returned to the concerning department no less than 90 days before the expiration of the permit to allow sufficient time for processing.
- You should always submit your application within 60 days after the expiration date or you will be required to submit a new original application. For that application, you will be requiring all the documents again and the fingerprint card as well. So the best thing is that you submit your application in the given time frame so that it can be processed properly and in time and you may be able to get the renewal permit on time.
It is possible that they can ask you to take the classes or courses. Based on those courses they will judge you that are you the right person to give the permit. So, once they ask you to take the classes then complete those classes carefully.
So, for the renewal, you don’t need to go through a lot of depth but you need to be focused regarding your documentation because incorrect information can lead to the delay or denial of your renewal application for the Texas Concealed Carry handgun permit. These are the processes for getting a concealed carry handgun permit for beginners and the renewal as well. One thing that you should be focused on is reviewing your application properly.
Originally posted on March 7, 2022 @ 9:15 am