The Official Texas License to Carry (LTC) Online Course
Our LTC course is very helpful for all the average Americans and the best part is that you can attend the classes in classrooms or online. Our training 100% DPS Approved and provided through an approved course provider, us. It contains all the essential information that you need to get your Texas Concealed Carry License.
License to Carry Applications Requirements
There are the requirements for the license to carry for application requirements and the one who fulfills these requirements is eligible to attend the course as well.
- You must be 21 years of age or older than that then you can be eligible for a Texas License to Carry (LTC) (18 Years Old if your an Active-Duty Military Member
- Before starting, you must submit to a background check first
- You must complete four to six hours of classroom or online training from a Texas DPS approved provider. (We are 100% DPS Approved and our class is only 4-hours)
- You must pass the Texas LTC exam
The most important thing is the handling of a handgun. You must prove that you are efficient enough to handle a handgun while shooting. This is the range portion of the class.
Who is not allowed Firearms Ownership?
Some people will be prohibited from carrying under HB 1927, just as there are people who are prohibited from purchasing or processing under Texas and Federal Law. So these are the following
- Felons (Anyone who is convicted in any court or crime for more than a year)
- A person who is below 21 is not eligible for having it
- Fugitives from justice
- Those who have renounced their U.S. citizenship are prohibited from firearms ownership
- A person who does not follow the laws and rules or is addicted to any controlled substance.
- A person who is mentally not stable or ill cannot have the firearms with himself.
- The people who are having non Immigrant visas or outsiders cannot have firearms with themselves.
- Anyone who is dishonorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces.
- A person who is subject to an explicit court order restraining them from harassing, threatening, or stalking a child or his/her partner in reasonable fear of bodily injury to the partner or child is prohibited from the ownership of firearms.
A person who is convicted in court in the case of domestic violence.
Proper homework is important
To start you must make sure that you are meeting all the basic requirements. The requirements can be concerning your age or other federal requirements as well. You must also research state CCW permit requirements which can include your permit of residency, background check, and training as well. You must also be knowing different types of concealed carry. If you live in a shall-issue state, you can get your permit.
Complete a concealed carry course
For that, you need to find a concealed carry class near you and then learn the basics of defensive firearms safety. Even it’s required or not required in your state. If you know how to handle a handgun and its usage can save your life, stop the threat, and can also protect you from the lawsuit as well. Once you take the course properly and complete it then you will be able to handle and use the handgun more properly.
Complete the Application Process
The first thing that you need to do is that you need to fill out your CCW permit application exactly as stated according to the requirements. So for that, you must review your application after filling because if there is misinformation that can lead you to the denial or the delay f your application process. After that, you need to submit your paperwork and also include the necessary items like your driver’s license and identity card.
It may take from seven days to six months to get your license to carry
Keep Your License current.
Once you get to know that your existing license is about to get expired then you need to fill out another application for the renewal of your concealed carry permit. Another thing is that you should stay up to date with the gun laws and shooting skills so that you can protect yourself from any danger in the future. A firearm license is important to have because it can shield you against a lawsuit in an unforeseen situation.
Originally posted on March 15, 2022 @ 6:49 pm